Tooth Whitening – Make your Smile Shine!
Tooth whitening is a safe, non-invasive, clinical treatment. It can often be an effective alternative to cosmetic veneers and crowns, offering a complete smile makeover, with a take-home treatment.
Teeth whitening should only be performed by a dentist or regulated dental professional, such as a dental hygienist or dental therapist, on the prescription of a dentist. At Urchfont Dental Care, all clinical options are discussed with our patients before we start a tooth whitening treatment.
Which whitening system is best for me?
At Urchfont Dental Care we offer two different whitening systems. The information below is to help you decide which system would suit you best.
Opalescence take-home whitening gel offers professional results in a customised whitening treatment you can do in the comfort of your own home. Available in a range of formulations and flavours, Opalescence take-home whitening gel is delivered via custom-made trays, further tailoring the treatment to your smile. Opalescence take-home whitening gel allows you to get professional whitening results at your convenience in a safe, effective, and customised way!
- Opalescence tooth whitening gel contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride). Potassium nitrate has been shown to help reduce sensitivity.
- Fluoride has been shown to help reduce cavities and strengthen enamel. Together, they help to improve the overall health of the teeth.
- Formulated to prevent dehydration and shade relapse
- Two concentrations for treatment flexibility (10% wear for 8-10 hours or overnight or 16% wear for 4-6 hours)
- Day or night wear
- Discreet, clear, custom made trays that fit perfectly to your teeth.
- Requires two appointments – one to take impressions for the custom trays and then one two weeks later to fit the trays, instruction and to collect the whitening gel.
- Costs £250 for upper and lower custom trays and 8 syringes of gel (or £150 for a single arch). Once you have the trays you can buy top up syringes for only £20!
Opalescence Go is the professional alternative to over-the-counter whitening options. It’s a simple, fast, and great-tasting way to start a whitening treatment or for whitening touch-ups. Opalescence Go comes in pre-filled, disposable trays so no impressions or custom trays necessary, Opalescence Go is ready to use right out of the package!
- Opalescence tooth whitening gel contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride). Potassium nitrate has been shown to help reduce sensitivity. Fluoride has been shown to help reduce cavities and strengthen enamel. Together they help to improve the overall health of the teeth.
- No impressions, no models, no lab time.
- Only one appointment required.
- Discreet, clear tray material
- Costs £99 for a set of 10 single-use trays