***URCHFONT DENTAL CARE IS NOW CLOSED FOR ALL ATTENDING APPOINTMENTS*** for the foreseeable future due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This has been a difficult decision after several days trying our best to find ways to maintain a service to our patients through ever-changing advice from the government, and keep our practice open for our dedicated staff. We are working tirelessly to protect the jobs of our team in the long term and to ensure our patients continue to be looked after as well as possible.
If you feel you require urgent treatment for an extreme emergency, please contact us via the website and we will triage your case by phone to determine if we can provide advice / analgesic / antimicrobial medication.
- Trauma – including injury to facial bone, severe deep cut or tear to your face/lips and/or gums or if you knock a tooth out.
- Swelling of your face/ jaw that is significant and worsening
- Bleeding following a recent tooth extraction that you are unable to control at home.
- Infected tooth that is extremely tender to touch that has resulted in a raised temperature.
- Unable to open or close your jaw (trismus)
- Toothache that is keeping you awake at night and not manage by painkillers
If you have received a message cancelling a routine appointment, we will contact you to re-book this once the practice is open again.
We hope you stay safe and healthy in these unprecedented circumstances.
Note: If you are invited to attend the practice to collect a prescription, the dentist will be wearing full surgical gown, hair protection, face mask and visor in order to protect themselves; please do not be alarmed by this! (see picture below)